Saturday, July 21, 2007

Random Quotations from Maggie

As Maggie continues to explore the english language, she frequently says things that cause Holly and I to look at each other... then burst out laughing. Here are a few examples:

We were watching 'Americas Funniest Home Videos'... when there was a video from a college dormitory. Some girl had dressed up like a creepy old man and was going around scaring her friends. I said to Holly "Let's not send Maggie to that school." Then I asked Maggie, "What college would you like to go to?", to which she replied "A good one!" Holly and I were pleased with that answer. Maggie then followed up with a query of her own. "Can I bring my old Nukkie (pacifier)." Yes, Maggie. You can bring your old Nukkie with you to college.

When I was taking her up for bed, I told her "Time to get your Jammie-Jams (parent speak for pajamas) on!" to which she replied, "I'm wearing my clothee-clothes!"

She has also been obsessed with Clifford, the Big Red Dog recently, due in part to trips to the Library... and Checking some out. She got two last week, and Holly and I had to read them several times through out the day. This past friday, they went again and got two more books, one of which explains how Clifford got so big. The title of the book is 'Clifford, the Small Red Puppy'. It took a little convincing before Maggie would accept that fact.

When she tells Henry she loves him, she for some reason says: "I love you so much, Henry Patrick Sollberger Daddy!"

Henry continues to grow. and poop. and pee. So much so that every time he lets loose with a #2, Maggie says, "Henry! We just changed you!"

On a different note, Holly had me buy one of my birthday presents today. The new Harry Potter book. I think she only wanted me to get it today so she could read it before she gave it to me. Oh well. I fully expect her to be done with it by the time Satuday Night Live is on.

Later,
Reid

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't know about you - but my parents wrote down a couple of those silly things I would say as a toddler. For example, I wanted to grow up and be a "payer lady" (that's kidspeak for cashier). It's always funny to hear those kids stories from mom and dad when you grow up.... so keep them for Maggie to laugh about when she gets older!

Another great blog! Hope you have a good weekend, Reid!